Sunday, May 5, 2013

Wedding Planner Multi-tasker.

As a Wedding Planner /Event Designer in this industry we wear many hats. We always have to be able to adapt to any situation, any style and be able to fix any situation that arises.  I do not pay much attention to popular trends. My style is to listen to a client's dreams and fantasies and then create a custom couture event that is tailored to that specific client; because I am always so inspired by my clients.

I do love to infuse the spirit of the season in which an event will take place into my designs.
I really enjoy working with the elements of the universe. Fabrics, Crystal, Flowers and anything created by mother nature. I love materials that are rich in color and texture.
I love themed events and I am best known for my detailing and making dreams come true, little things mean a lot.


A lot of brides seek help and hire people but at the same time they micromanage. They are so involved and they want things to be just perfect and they want to do everything.  To me that impedes planners from giving you there best. They can be more flexible, have faith in the people they hire. Let them surprise her. Of course planners should always listen to their bride, however every bride should let them be designers, let them be artists. Sometimes a lot of we produce is more exciting than what the bride has envisioned.



Creating the surroundings and having it be an experience that is almost permanent as far as what people will remember. It takes all of the different components to bring it together. To create that one day, that memorable day.

For a while, The Modern look was very trendy, that has now changed, a lot of people associate modern with coldness. They want warmth and Lusciousness. White is popular again, for awhile there were lots of colors. As I said earlier, the fact that brides have so much information at their fingertips. They know what they want and what they don't want. This can be a good thing. They are so much more aware of what design is, much more than ever before. Now there is Pintrest, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter & Blogs. Before there   were just magazines on the shelves, books in bookstores. When I started in this business many years ago, there was not so much information on what it is to do a wedding. Now everyone is collecting images.



The good thing is that it forces us to be on our toes as planners, designers & consultants. The industry is changing, I am so curious to see what is going to happen. In the long run we have to wear many hats. They have to adapt to many different styles. This is truly a return to the days of the old, when all hollywood actors & actresses had to be able to sing, dance and act. I think in the wedding & event industry we have to be savvy in many areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment